Black Friday FLASH SALE
HOSTGATOR: 1 Hour Flash Sale Starts Now Up to 80% off hosting with $2.99 domains!
HostGator is one of the largest and most popular hosting firms in the world. They give shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, and managed WordPress hosting plans.
At Blogmarketingbuzz, we have been utilizing Hostgator since 2014, and the Blogmarketingbuzz website is hosted with them. Read our specific HostGator review to find out if HostGator is the right decision for you.
EIG, which also owns remarkable other well-known hosting brands, comprising BlueHost, iPage, FatCow, HostMonster, Pow Web, Easy CGI, Arvixe, eHost, A Small Orange, and so on; is now the extended website hosting company.
In this complete HostGator review, we will fix their promises through our testing method. Following are the sections we will look into:
- Reliability: Will your website be accessible 24/7/365 without any downtime?
- Performance: How fast order your website load on HostGator? We will run our achievement tests to analyze this.
- Customer Support: Can you include in their customer support? Will you be ready to simply get help when demanded?
- Features: Do their points help you easily create and control your website?
- Pricing: Do they propose the best pricing in the industry? Are there any HostGator deals that can keep your money?
Bottom line: Desire to skip the details? To summarize, we found HostGator to be honest and customer friendly hosting service. Their 24/7 client support is among the best.
That’s why we’ve added HostGator as one of the best WordPress hosting groups, and that’s why we use them to power WPBeginner.
Let’s jump to the more detail-oriented parts of our HostGator review. This will help you decide out if HostGator is right for your website.
Hostgator Inc. was established by Brent Oxley in his college dorm back in 2002. The group developed from a one-man operation to one with hundreds of workers over the years and was listed 21st (the year 2008) and 239th (the year 2009) in Inc. 5000 Fastest Growing Company.
In 2012, Brent sold the group was sold to Endurance International Group (EIG) for, unofficial figure, $225 million.
Pros and Cons of HostGator
Like each other product and service, each hosting company has their pros and cons. Here are the pros and cons of HostGator that we determined.
- Reliable hosting: HostGator guarantees an uptime of 99.99%. If you experience downtime below that, then you will receive back one month credit on your account.
- Bountiful money back guarantees: HostGator offers 45 days money back guarantee. Frequently, web hosting companies do not give a money back promise to exceed 30 days.
- Adjustable billing terms: You can decide between monthly and yearly billing periods. Longer billing terms will get you the most discount.
- Free migration: HostGator gives free migration service with all new accounts. Their specialist team will transfer your website from your preceding host at no extra cost through the first 30 days of signing up.
- No free domain: Unlike various other hosting companies, HostGator does not give a free domain registration in signing up.
- Aggressive upselling: You must review the additional services pre-selected through the sign-up process. If you are uncertain, then uncheck them anyways. You can regularly add them later when needed.
HostGator Review Performance
I noticed earlier that superior uptime and performance was one of my principal reasons for still using HostGator for some types of sites despite the higher price tag.
As part of their customer guarantee, the company promise at least 99.9% uptime, and my server monitoring tests prove that they pretty much always deliver what they promise.
Regarding speed and performance, I’ve discovered that even a large, high powered online store I started on the platform returned page load speeds which dominated those of some of HostGator’s competitors, while the overall performance makes this one a good choice for anyone expecting higher than average traffic levels.
HostGator Review Server Response Time
The content of your website significantly influences the page load time. For example, if your site has many images, then it will grow the page load time.
This touches your server’s speed test results. We needed to see how fast the HostGator server replies.
To test this, we utilized a tool named Bitcatcha. It works separately than other website speed testing tools. Instead of loading the content, it only checks the response time of the server.
It also runs the test three times from multiple locations spread all over the world to receive the average response time for each location.
Here is how HostGator worked in these tests:
Our HostGator review site worked really well. The server response time waited less than a second. In the United States, it was only 39 ms.
Overall, this result shows that your site will load fast around the world.
HostGator Hosting Plans and Features
HostGator offers a difference in hosting plans. You can pick from shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers, cloud hosting, and WordPress hosting plans.
All these plans are characteristic rich and suitable for various budget and hosting demands.
Let’s catch a look at these plans proposed by HostGator.
- Shared hosting: Shared hosting is the best plan to start a new website with low traffic. On shared hosting conditions, your website shares resources with other websites hosted on that identical server.
- Cloud hosting: While a shared hosting account is restricted to a single server, cloud hosting employs multiple servers. This form is suitable if your website gets regular traffic spikes.
- WordPress hosting: This is their shared hosting plan optimized for WordPress powered websites. It optimizes performance and guards your website against some common WordPress attacks.
- VPS (Virtual Private Server): Virtual Private Server lets you control your virtual resources on a cloud hosting platform. It is suitable for expanding websites with frequent traffic spikes.
- Dedicated server: With dedicated hosting, you get a server only for hosting your website. But it also comes with the big charge because you’ll have to maintain it by yourself.
Categorization of HostGator’s Shared Hosting Plans
Shared hosting plans are excellent for new websites and beginners. They let you to simply set up your website, so you can start acting on getting more traffic and growing your business. You can later update your hosting as your website increases.
HostGator’s shared hosting plans come in three various levels. All forms involve unlimited storage and bandwidth. The main exception is the number of websites you can host.
- Hatchling: The Hatchling plan permits you to host only one website. It combines 1-click WordPress installer and comes with standard set of characteristics.
- Baby: The Baby plan lets you host unlimited websites. It combines all the features of Hatchling plan, and you can also use add-ons such as private SSL.
- Business: Suitable for small business websites. This plan involves free SSL certificate and free dedicated IP which you will demand to create an eCommerce website.
HostGator Support and Customer Service
HostGator proposes one of the best customer services in the industry. This includes 24/7 phone and lives chat support as well as ticket based email support.
Inside your hosting dashboard, you will notice their support portal. This portal serves you find quick answers from a data base of 680+ articles and 500+ video tutorials.
Every HostGator account is entirely guaranteed by the CEO, Adam Farrar. If you ever have a difficulty with the regular support, then you can ask your ticket to be attached to Adam. He will respond especially to each ticket assigned to him.
Conclusion: Is HostGator the Best Choice for You?
Now that you have read our detailed HostGator review, you probably think if HostGator is right for you?
HostGator proposes a variety of hosting plans that suit all budgets and requirements. They offer all the tools you will require to create a website.
Over 2 million clients have already trusted HostGator. Whether you are a seasoned Internet pro, or just beginning out with your first website, you’ll find every important tool to bring your website to next level.
Ready to get started with HostGator? Click here to choose your HostGator plan today.
Black Friday FLASH SALE Up to 80% off all hosting and $2.99 select domains.