Have you been seeing for an SEO tool which permits you to do keyword research, tracks keyword ranking, check backlinks, check competitor ranks & most importantly, do a full SEO audit of your blog?
If yes, then let me include you to one tool which I have personally been utilizing for over three years & is trusted by various professional bloggers & SEO companies. The tool I’m discussing is SEMRUSH.
I get asked this question a lot:
- “Should I start applying SEMRUSH?”
I wish to answer this question in my review, but before that, permit me to give you some details about my SEMRUSH experience.
When Blogmarketingbuzz got hit by Google Panda, I had to totally change the plan I was blogging. I recognized that instead of just writing content that readers love, I had to make sure my content is also liked by search engines!
This was when I began learning more and more regarding SEO and link building (which is still an ongoing process). I managed to improve Blogmarketingbuzz from Panda and, in the process, I studied the importance of concentrating on content quality to improve my blog’s SEO.
I wanted to ask myself what I had done that might have made Google Panda hit my site.
The answer was right there in my analytics stats board. Apart from thin content, I had ignored the importance of keyword research.
I instantly learned that having quality content is not enough! I also needed to make quality links, do timely reports of my site’s SEO & a few other important factors.
I tried using many tools in the manner (including Moz, Ahrefs, SEMRUSH & a few more). While all of them served well, I liked SEMRUSH the best because it’s gorgeous with great features and allows bloggers like me to get all of my SEO work arranged in one place.
In just one dashboard, I can get all done. I will show you in a moment.
Before I move ahead with my SEMRUSH review, it is necessary to let you know that my knowledge of SEO is self-taught through the use of trial and error, in extension to my attention to the latest SEO industry updates.
- If you browse the SEO category of Blogmarketingbuzz, you can find the latest news from the SEO industry.
What is SEMRUSH? – introduction-On Review
Let’s examine what makes SEMRUSH such an amazing SEO tool & a preference among millions of users.
SEMRUSH makes it easy to find what keyword your site (or any other site) is ranking for. In short, it presents keyword research a piece of cake.
Once you are served to do keyword research, you can add keywords & pursue their positions in all principal search engines meant on geographical location.
I indicate the geographical location feature as it’s important for those who target precise countries like Spain, the U.K, Australia, India, the U.S., etc. For a global blogger, you can also do this feature to see how your site ranks in particular countries’ search engines.
It is a fundamental SEM (search engine marketing) tool that I think every serious blogger and internet marketer should have in their SEO accessory arsenal.
SEMRUSH is a product from the maker of SEOQuake, a successful SEO addon for Firefox.
At the moment of this writing, SEMRUSH has:
- more than 46,000,000 domains and
- more than 120,000,000 keywords in their database.
SEMRUSH will let you find all of the keywords for which any existing web page on the internet is ranking. You can also find more analytical details concerning specific keywords and similar keywords which you can rank for.
Sound a little confusing?
Here is a screenshot which will prove my description that SEMRUSH is essential for all bloggers and serious internet marketers:
Permit me to give you an example by displaying results from a precise domain.
- Note: You can do it for any site. Serious internet marketers are encouraged to assay it with their competitors’ sites.
All I require to do is add the domain name at the top, and here is the information I receive:
Let me explain a few of the lists of the report page:
- Keyword: Keyword for precisely ranked pages.
- Pos: Keyword’s position in the designated search engine. In this example, I have selected Google’s US database (default), but you can modify it to other locations and search engines too. You can also utilize the Free Keyword Monitor for verification.
- Volume: Number of exact match queries for that keyword in the local search. In this example, I have already again used Google’s US database. (This data is taken using the Google Keyword Planner tool which I have also checked the accuracy of myself.)
- CPC: Average cost per click for the keyword.
- URL: Corresponding URL to which that keyword is sending traffic.
- Com: This shows the competition of advertisers for that keyword. A lower number signifies little competition and a higher number indicates greater competition for that session. (How can a search engine marketing tool be complete without a competition check?)
- Results: Number of search engine results. (A lower number here is better.)
- Trend: This is one column which I find very exciting. To find profitable keywords, we need to make certain the traffic trend for that keyword is not dying. This line pulls up the search trend for that keyword over the last 12 months.
In addition to all of the information appearing from our search, there are two columns that, as a blogger, interest me the most.
It’s here that you will discover the top 200 organic keywords for that domain and also get a detailed backlink report for any domain along with the link’s anchor text.
For me, the most interesting factor here is the capacity to find the top keywords driving traffic to any domain. For a serious marketer or firm, knowing a top competitor’s keywords (SEOpivot) is the holy grail.
So back to the initial question:
“Should I begin using SEMRUSH?”
Why should you start applying the SEMRUSH tool right away?
As bloggers, we work day and night to write posts wishing to increase traffic to our blog. But we often don’t concentrate enough on how we’re generating that traffic. If you check your analytics, you will recognize that only a couple of your blog posts are giving all of the traffic to your blog.
But when utilizing the SEMRUSH SEO tool, you can obtain keywords which are driving traffic to your competitor’s website and you can write quality content meant on those keywords. This will serve you get a better position for some target keywords in your niche.
If you desire to assay it out and see how well it can run for you, they offer a free 14-day trial.
SEMRUSH works best with the PRO account (as you will get a full report), but for a beginner who is new to search engine marketing (SEM) research, you can always start with the free trial. Once you are accustomed to its different features, you can upgrade to the PRO account to get a full, detailed report of any website (like yours and your competitor’s).
I suppose this SEMRUSH review has helped you to understand the advantage of this excellent search engine marketing tool. Always remember, SEMRUSH (or any other SEM tool) is helpful for research and analysis, but at the end of the day it’s your hard, smart, and quality work which finally places you at the top.
Have you worked with SEMRUSH before? How’s your experience been with this device? Let us know in the comments!
Do you know someone who can serve from this excellent tool? Share this review with them on Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus!